Sunday, January 4, 2009

The girls drive to FL by themselves!

It is Sunday, January 04, 2009; Alex and Leah left for Fort Lauderdale at about 8:30 AM CST; should be arriving there, God willing, between 9:30 and 10:30 PM EST.

I had asked my boss’ opinion on Friday about me staying one more week up here in ‘the Bluff’; since I received no feedback at all by yesterday afternoon, I decided his silence was loud enough and I had to return with the girls and Jan would stay up here one more week. However, at about 7:30 PM last night I got a message from him apologizing for not answering before and saying that it was OK with him for me to work from here next week. So, I and Jan get to stay for one more week and Alex and Leah went back to the Florida home to go to their respective schools…

After we decided this last night, we went out to grab a bite at the Pizza place that replaced the Down Yonder; as we walked in there were Stuart, Terri and Hank Daniels; after a brief conversation they left, but not before inviting us to go watch the Dolphins game with them; and so we planned. However, as we were getting ready to go watch the game, the DirectTV guys called saying they were on their way to install our TV feeds.

While waiting for the installers, Jan and I hung the drapes and window treatment in both Alex’s and Leah’s rooms; good team work.

The guys got here at about 1 PM and, as I write this, they are still working on it and I am following the game via the NFL web site; it is half time and we are down 3-13.

This morning the temperature climbed up to the upper 60s; almost shorts & t-shirt weather; as of now is 52!

No comments: